The Center is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
We are hiring a Part‐time Research Assistant for Building Wealth and Health Network, a microfinance/self‐empowerment intervention research study implementing a peer‐oriented, asset‐building model that helps parents break the cycle of poverty. The RA will assist the Research Team in recruiting and following participants in the research study. Students interested in applying this position as a part of their masters’ program field experience, are encouraged to apply.
- Work with the research team to recruit participants to the Building Wealth and Health Network, research study by:
- Engaging with various partners around the city to recruit participants, both on‐site and off‐site (transportation will be provided)
- Phone screening potential participants, explaining our program, determining interest and eligibility, and enrolling participants into the study
- Assisting with obtaining informed consent and preparing for participant orientations
- Collaborate with the team in carrying out the research protocol by:
- Scheduling participants for follow‐up survey appointments and facilitating survey sessions
- Assisting the team with data entry, tracking, and cleaning
- Updating the Network team on new recruits and follow‐up data collected
- Assisting with other project needs
- Strong interest in maternal/child health, public health, social policy, advocacy, ornutrition.
- High level of cultural sensitivity and experience working with multicultural and lowincome populations.
- Must feel comfortable in a busy work environment.
- Responsible and independent worker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
For more information, please contact Courtney Sartain, MPH. This position is 19 hours/week beginning as soon as possible. Students interested in applying this position as a part of their masters’ program field experience, are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.